Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Market Layout for Unique Laser Designs



  Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a holiday layout that I made for .  I must confess that this is the second layout that I have completed all year.  It was really nice working on the page again.  I might make more than two layouts next year.  That will be my New Year's Resolution for 2015.



  On the layout I used watered down white acrylic paint to subdue the patterned paper, then I added more white paint in areas.  Using a polka dot stencil, I sprayed Lindy's Opal Sea Oats Starburst spray and then I used the same stencil with an embossing marker to add the Candy Cane Red Gold embossing powder.  On the red paper I applied the Queen of Hearts Flat Fabio spray for the red on red polka dots.  I used the Tibetan Poppy Teal spray lightly on the juniper leaf die cuts, and added few splats of it as well.  You can see the teal color better on the detail photo.

  I am entering this layout in the Lindy's Stamp Gang December Color Challenge and the December challenge at Scrap Around the World.  The SATW mood board inspired me with those icy lights in the jar and the "baby it's cold outside" sign.  I love being in Germany while the Christmas markets (Weihnachtsmarkt) are happening.  There is so much to see at the markets and new goodies to taste.







This is the little reindeer from Unique Laser Designs.

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Three. Three layouts would be a fine resolution. If you really do make resolutions, that is. I figure, why bother? ;) Beautiful layout, Lee!

talkis23 said...

I love your project and your work. thank for playing at the LSG chalenge Colors.

langeatheart said...

Love the layout! Perfect balance of color! I sure hope to see you more next year! I know I will be checking! All the best from SATW! :) And a reminder that design team members are having giveaways so visit their sites and join to win!

Rachael Funnell said...

What a FANTASTIC layout... THANKS for playing along with this months moodboard for SATW!!! :)

Ania Komenda said...

Great winter page. I love the cheerful photo. Thanks for playing with SATW

LISA said...

Oh I simply adore this fabulous layout!! Love how the red pops!! Thanks for joining us at Lindy's for the Color Challenge!

Unknown said...

Very nice, I love this !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)

Heather McMahon said...

I hope you get to enter at least SATW challenges next year cos this is lovely! Thanks for playing along at SATW.

Yolka said...

Lovely project! Thanks for playing with LSG!