Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Dream Within a Dream

I have started dabbling with art journals.  I've been wanting to play with this format for years, but finally took the plunge with the monthly Express Yourself Workshops hosted by Scraps of Darkness.
Here is what I came up with for the March workshop.

But first, the prompt:

1. Gesso your page. You pick - clear, white or black.
2. Use complementary colors for your color scheme. Intro to the color wheel and theory here:  
http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory
3. Draw, stamp, cut out from a magazine etc an eye. Use it as a jumping off point for your page.
4. Use sprays, mists or inks on your page. Spray them with water and let them drip. I want a miniumum of 5 drips on your page.
5. Journal around the outside edges of your page. Right around the whole page or two pages. You can repeat what you say if it is short and sweet.
6. Use the color black.
7. Use this quote and photo for your inspiration and let me know how relate your page to it.
8. HAVE F.U.N. 



I really felt the need to have an eyeball being balanced on someone"s feet.  I'm looking forward to next month's workshop.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is brilliant!

Jessi Fogan said...

omg how cool is this!! I love the neon background and balancing the eyeball on the feet...too awesome

Karen Schroeder said...

OMG! WOW! This is so awesome! I absolutely love it!