Saturday, February 20, 2016

Almost Everything


Edna says it is time to mix things up.  The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers presents you with Challenge # 53 M is for Mixed Media.


It took me forever to get my challenge piece done.  I kept starting things and tossing them away, unhappy with my results.  Then I decided to try altering a playing card.  I didn't have a plan, I was going to keep adding bits until it was ready for the trash or until I liked what I had made. 

I have used gesso, Tim Holtz tissue paper, acrylic paint, modeling paste. stamping ink, gelato, crackle medium, and micro-beads.  I was afraid to apply anything else because I thought everything might crack off my card.

The vintage image and saying came from Lisa's Altered Art on Etsy.  

Wanna play along and join the Sisterhood?? Of course you do... here are the deets you need to know:

You have until 11:55 pm EST on Friday March 4 to upload your project.

Visit the blogs of our Guest Designer and the Snarky Sisters to show them some crafty loving! You could be our next Queen of Snark and Guest Designer!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome!!! I would have not thought about a playing card. it would be a bit more sturdy to hold everything you used. I wouldn't know where to begin using all that stuff.,

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh so pretty! I love the colours, the textures, the image and of course the sentiment! Super fantastic job sistah!

Chris Dring said...

I never thought to try altering a playing card! (face palm) So much smaller an area to screw up! LOL! This turned out fabulous!

Lindsey said...

Such a cool idea to start with a playing card! Must try that. Such a perfect finished piece. Love the colours, image and of course the oh-so-true sentiment.

Lorraine A said...

I love the whole design of this Lee, the vintage image is fab ad the sentiment is brilliant! LOVE it :-)

thanks for inviting me to join you this week and for the warm welcome :-)

luv
Lols x x x
p.s I have just posted a blog candy if you're interested ;-)

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous - and I love that sentiment!
Jane