Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Art of Art-i-ness


The Sisterhood is getting arty and wants to see your arty techniques. Do you like splatters? Layers? Texture? 

In my stash I found I had a Gelli printed piece of paper.  I cut the paper into 4 (not equal because that would require measuring)pieces.  I added some stamping, then another layer of white Gelli printing with a stencil, followed with some black spatters. The papers seemed to plain, so I added a contrasting lime green paint for liveliness. I took out my rapidly aging sewing machine (the bobbin winder quit working two years ago) to stitch a border around each card; then I added sentiments and Tim Holtz's Found Relatives. Viola! Art themed cards with kids.





You have until 11:55 PM EST on Friday July 7 to upload your ARTY project HERE. Please visit our current Queen of Snark, Queen Toni, and my fellow Snarky Sisters to see what inspiration we have made for you. Thanks for stopping by and having a peek at my blog.

The Sisters

SaveSaveSaveSave

8 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love those quotes and you framed them masterfully. Great job with the Arty challenge.

Chris Dring said...

Love these artsy cards! Gelli printing - something that I've not tried yet, but something that looks like so much fun! Great job!

Jane Willis said...

Brilliant collection of cards
Jane

Dotty Jo said...

Oh my! These are a-mazing! You are one seriously talented lady (but then I'd already figured this out), Jo x

Mimi said...

La-la-la love these... you were so right-on wth the addition of the green paint! The stitching adds just the perfect touch, too.

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Those are great, the lime added a perfect touch.

Lindsey said...

These are fabulous! I saw the TH kids in a LSS, and so wanted them, but had no idea how I'd ever use them. So glad you didn't share that problem!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh these are super awesome sistah!
Great use of the wee ones and I love the splashes of the bright green paint!