Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 2012 Recipe Challenge - Strawberry Shortcake

It's time for the July 2012 Recipe Challenge at the Paper Mixing Bowl.  The Challenge recipe is for "Strawberry Shortcake."  The recipe card highlights the challenge.


Here is my debut LO as a member of the Design Team!  I used the red of strawberries as the Main Ingredient.  As for the Utensils, I think I managed to use most of them.  I've used the contrasting paper patterns (stripes and dots), the banner, the textured paper, and star shapes, of which one is a die cut.  In my Directions, I journaled about a summer tradition, using the Prompt "Summer," and I also included the use of color on my journaling.



Take the time out and visit the Paper Mixing Bowl.  The challenges are fun, I find that maintaining your creativity while following someone else's rules is interesting.  I enjoy comparing my results to what other's come up with on their LOs.



8 comments:

Cathi ONeill said...

Awesome layout Lee! Loving the papers and the banner. Wonderful!

Sarah-R said...

Amazing Layout - so happy you've jointed the DT!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous, I love to see kids doing a bit of cooking, they really enjoy the experience. Love the layout as well.

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Welcome to the PMB team - we're thrilled you're joining us! And your layout this month is awesome - love the papers you've chosen!

Unknown said...

Awesome bold layout, I LOVE that banner, very nice!!!

Drea Slee said...

Such an awesome page!!LOVE your banner!!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful layout!! Love the papers and the mix of colors!!!

CathQuillScrap said...

Great layout... love how you mixed everything together.