Saturday, August 23, 2014

K is for Kraft

We are ready for the next challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!  Edna is making us use KRAFT paper in our projects.  


Edna didn't know that I had never made a kraft card before. I've used kraft paper in scrapbooking projects, but have never tried to scale it down for a card. I googled some images on the google machine and found some very lovely examples. I also decided that I liked red with my kraft. At the time I was also wearing a brown shirt with red flowers, but this may have been coincidence.   



Here is my card.  I was digging through my stamps and found the sentiment first, then I ran across the image and thought, perfect!  While I was putting this card together, I realized that one of our snarky challenge players had made a card with this sentiment for one of our challenges. I hope you don't mind that I copied you subconsciously! 

Please visit our challenge blog and take a peek at what my sisters have put together for this challenge.   If you like Christmas, this is the perfect time to stop by.

Details about my card: image and sentiment inked with Staz-On Timber Brown, colored with Distress  Marker Red Brick and white charcoal pencil.  

8 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Amazing! Absofrigginlutely amazing! Love how your colored that fabulous image on kraft, and that sentiment almost had me spewing out my tea! LOL!

Donna said...

You've never made a kraft card?? Hard to believe considering how fantastic this one is!! I love the red and kraft together! Love that image and the sentiment...perfect!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Haa that sentiment is brilliant, it made me lol lots!!! What a great card and way to go doing your first Kraft one, Love Hazel (Adopted Sister of Snark this week) xx

Jessi Fogan said...

ERMAGERD. I nearly spit my coffee due to my giggling. It disturbed the cat laying on my arms. That image couldn't be more perfect! I love how you coloured her - and me too I can't believe this is your first kraft card :)

Carol L said...

Now that's a top notch snarky card with one hilarious sentiment, and I love the vintage look of it all - which makes it even funnier! LOL Who talked like that back then?! ROFL!! So fun, thanks for the chuckles :)

Lindsey said...

Brilliant pairing of image and sentiment! And your very first kraft card! Red and kraft is always a good pairing. :)

Pink Unicorn said...

This card is fabulous! I love the pop of red on kraft, the image is so beautifully coloured. And the sentiment is spot on, that would be a great stamp to have for so many different purposes :)

Dawn said...

Lol! I love that sentiment & I love your card! Perfect!
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a comment!
Hugs
Dawn xx