Saturday, September 20, 2014

How Distressing!

Hello and welcome to the new Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers biweekly challenge. #17 is brought to you by the letter "D." "D" is for Distressing, my dears. Edna surely appears to be in distress. Show us your distress techniques!


I stole was inspired by a recent tutorial by France Papillon.  You can visit her and see what I stole was  inspired by HERE. I think her work is amazing.



You have until Ocotober 3rd to get get your distressful entries loaded here.  For more distressing examples, stop by and visit the rest of my Snarky Sisters and Sandra, our guest designer.

Jessi    Lindsey    Lynne    
Chris    Karen   Donna    Barb    

Quick and Dirty How To:

My card began with a layer of gesso on 8.5 x 11" white card stock. A few strips of sheet music were added and also gessoed over. Using gel medium, I stenciled on some stars, which then were coated with glitter. The stars were given a second coat of gel medium, which did not stop them from picking up the color of the mists. The spray mists were followed with another stencil (tiny dots) which I used with tinted blue texture paste. The card edges were then distressed and inked. The sentiment (Dylusions) and the embellishments were then added. 

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, love the pop of colour just a fabby card.

Donna said...

Gorgeous! That wee miss certainly looks like she is about to get into some mischief! Perfect with the sentiment!

Lynne Mizera said...

Oh Sistah Lee I Love Every.Single.Thing about this card... the saying (which I have -grin) - the image you picked - and the layers and layers of mixed media you used to showcase both... I Am Not Worthy.. Grin TFS!

Lindsey said...

Not only do I adore this entire creation, but I definitely need that sentiment! It's practically my motto. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Ohhhhh! That background is simply the bomb. I need that teeny dots stencil! And the image & sentiment are just perfectly matched.